| Sunday, 04 October 2015 - anonymous| Login/Register to vote and to have access to more features
You are here: Root > Software > Applications View the dependency graph for this library
The Regex Coach
Created by Edi on: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:58:56 GMT, Last modification: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:58:56 GMT
The Regex Coach is a graphical application (written in Lisp) for Windows and Linux/x86 which can be used to experiment with (Perl-compatible) regular expressions interactively.The Regex Coach
is a graphical application for Windows and Linux/x86
which can be used to experiment with (Perl-compatible) regular
expressions interactively. It has the following features:
- It shows whether a regular expression matches a particular target
- It can also show which parts of the target string correspond
to captured register groups or to arbitrary parts of the regular
- It can "walk" through the target string one match at a
- It can simulate Perl's
- It tries to describe the regular expression in plain English.
- It can show a graphical representation of the regular expression's
- It can single-step through the matching process as performed by
the regex engine.
- Everything happens in "real time", i.e. as soon as you
make a change somewhere in the application all other parts are
The Regex Coach is written in Common Lisp and was developed using
the LispsWorks development
regex engine used is CL-PPCRE.
This (freeware) application has been quite successful. As of December 2005 it has been downloaded about 200,000 times, and it was distributed on CD with several books and magazines.
Authors and Maintainers
Applications | Regular Expression
CL-PPCRE | LispWorks
0 Notes and 0 comments
You must be logged to add a note
You must be logged to add a comment